Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Words gone mad

Words, Words, Words – can’t help but love ‘em. I treasure those sentences that make me stop, reread, my mind reeling, my heart leaping.

And yet, in work life I am haunted by nonsense like, “community capacity building” and “needs based planning”, (which begs the question, how else would one plan?)

Yesterday, a fire raged while the emergency services “invested substantial resources” into the fire. It was hard to tell if they were feeding it, or concerned with the ensuing paper work.

On the upside, a company recently accused of causing food poisoning for customers in their restaurant protested that, the illness was more likely caused by “any number of viruses available in the marketplace.” I can’t afford to be sick, so I don’t think I will buy any of them.

No comments: