Thursday, October 01, 2009

Inglourious Basterds

Inglourious Basterds – no mistaking this is Tarantino. Irony, wit, imaginative dialogue, and let’s face it Violence with a capital V. I am not squeamish. I watched a surgeon cut up my daughter's mouth, but I covered my eyes in several of this movie's scenes. Well, you know covered and peaked.

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction changed the tone of movies. The define their decade. Kill Bill did not thrill me, but in Inglourious Basterds, Tarantino has returned to the story telling that I think Kill Bill lacked.

The overhead shot of Shoshanna walking from her room and down the hall to David Bowie’s Cat People (Putting Out Fire) is a masterful combination of cinematography, plot and sound.

Rewrite history, why not? Who else would have the audacity?

No comments: